Friday, December 9, 2016

A shabby Christmas card for the Prima CAT challenge

I was waiting for this Card and Tag challenge from Prima blog ! In fact, I even started to work on my card before the challenge was up ! And you know what ? The sketch was almost exactly the one I had in mind ! So it was easy to finish this one...


I started by choosing papers from the Fairy Belle collection, distressing the edges with scissors and Black Sooth ink (Ranger).
I used a crackle stamp (Prima) with jet black ink (Stazon) on the gray paper.
I applied some pink chalk (Prima) on the last paper, then Platinum crackle paste (Prima) over a damsk stencil (Prima). When the paste was dried, I rub some silver gelato (faber-Castell) over the paste.
The metal embellishments were gessoed, then cover with Platinum crackle paste, and silver gelato too. I just add some pink chalk over it.
The resin frame (Prima) has gelato on it, it makes the design pop up.


Flowers are from different collection by Prima. I assembled the pink one from 4 hydrangeas. The gray poinsettia is cut out from one Fairy Belle paper and decorate with platinum paste over a crackle stencil (Prima Marketing).
Some lace distressed with black ink and pink chalk, Say-it-with-Pearl swirls (Prima) and my card was done !


I almost forgot the sentiment ! It's a stamp from the Julie Nutting Merry Nice stamp set.

So, this shabby project make my 15th Christmas card !Waoh ! We are half way ! You have 15 days left to comment on any of my Christmas 2016 cards to enter my giveaway. Don't forget to follow my blog to validate these entries !

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. See you tomorrow for another card !

5 comments: