Friday, December 2, 2016

December 16 Tim Holtz tag

Hello everyone !

I am simply delighted this morning because I saw my name on the November's winners list on the Tim Holtz's blog ! So right after my happy dance, I started working on the new tag...
As usual, I didn't have the requiered products so I find a way around to recreate this tag. Let's take a look first, and I will explain how I did it after :



I create the base with a tag die by Sizzix with natural burlap by DCWV, and applied firebrick distress ink over a TH stencil. I stitched all around the tag, and I can tell, burlap IS NOT easy to sew !

I didn't have the de-bossing folder, so I tried to deboss a word with a McGill paper blossom tool, then used an embossing pen and applied super fine black embossing powder (Ranger). I know it's not obvious, the title IS debossed...


I distressed the edges of the papers (Merry Memories stack by DCWV) with black ink (Ranger), and add metal and wood embellishments. The wood tree is colored with a black Copic marker. The phrase metal embellishment (Blue Moon Beads) is embossed with black powder.
A small snowflakes border on the green tag. Another small charm (Blue Moon Beads) on the red paper is distress with black Copic marker, as well as the jingle bells (Blue Moon Beads).


The green leaves are a small punch used with two papers (DCWV), splattered with gesso.
A black lace to finish the tag and I was done !

Thank you Tim for another of creativity and inspiration ! I was delighted to participate each month to these challenges ! I wonder what he's cooking for next year...

Don't worry, I'm still doing Christmas cards... I just wanted a different post for each project... And today is a busy day ! Beside this tag, you will have a post for a card AND one for my Advent calendar !

Stay tune and see you very soon...

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win - it certainly makes one do the happy dance, doesn't it?! Great job on your tag and thanks for sharing how you achieved your "debossing." I don't have that tool either, so might have to "borrow" your technique :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marty ! You can also use a metal stencil under the paper with the soft pad on the top (if you have a die cutting machine) to recreate debossing technique too.

      Delete
  2. What a tag! so much to look at and admire! Great job!

    ReplyDelete