Saturday, February 6, 2016

Tim Holtz tag : February 2016

Yeah ! Another tag to lift !

If you haven't check Tim's blog yet, he will mix techniques from previous years to make a new tag each month ! So February is all about stenciling, Take a look a Tim's tag :

2016TAG

And here is my lift :


So, I die cut a tag with a Sizzix die in cream cardstock, and apply Spun Sugar distress ink all over it. I sprayed water over it and let it dry. Then as I choose to use Tim Holtz masks instead of a stencil and apply Walnut Stain over it. I used the same ink to distress the edges of the tag.
I followed Tim's instructions and apply medium gel over another stencil to create the words and the date with embossing tinsel in copper (by Ranger). My bonus : I create an eyelet around the tag's hole using an embossing pen and with powder.

As I didn't have an heart stencil, I created one with paper and heart punch. The red ink is Aged Mahogany distress ink.

You maybe recognized the French picture of Doisneau, highlighted with markers, and I found deep burried in my stash some Basic Grey stickers (RIP).
The metal heart is covered with embossing powder too. I added tissue tape (Tim Holtz) and lace (Recollections) to finish this tag.

I did enjoy making this tag, and the one from February too. I will definitely continue with this 12 tags of 2016 !

No comments:

Post a Comment