Saturday, January 9, 2016

Friday at CHA 2016 - Part two

Hello everyone !

What did I forget to show you from Friday ? The Idea-ology booth loaded with Tim Holtz products !


I went to a conference called Hot Product Sneak Peek. Nothing amazing for me, but interesting anyway. Few products kept my attention.

One is like a swiss knife, the one with several rectratable blades that you can keep in your pocket, but instead of blades you got crochet hooks. Good idea but difficult for me to handle like a pen (that's the way I hold a hook), because it's too large.

Another one I liked very much was a craft and hobby knife by PenBlade. It's a rectratable cutter, very sharp and easy to use. I tried them on balsa and jeans fabric and I think they are perfect for fussy cutting (you know my love for that...) even on usually difficult materials. The two lovely ladies at the booth were kind enough to give me a 10 knife I can't wait to use at home (3 sizes 10, 11, 15) !

The other one is not real new, but I know someone who will be interested in it. Tattered Laces introduced a mini food-proof die cut machine working with their dies. The demo was about decorating cupcakes with rice paper die cuts, but I can think at other edible products to work with that...


I kept the more interesting one for the end... The MINT !


It's a custom stamp maker, working with the Silhouette software, but has also his own software. It use thermal printing for 3D design and allow you to add multiple colors to your stamp without refilling it for 50 stamping or so. I think the retail price will be above the hundred...



After this, the CHA Mega Block Party was held outside between my hotel and the convention center. I went for like 20mn and get back to my bed after that (jet lag, remember...). But I was able to grab a Michaels bag with some goodies inside : a sample pad of colored pencil paper, a cute notebook and 3 small canvas panels.
Here is a view of the party, you can see food trucks on each sides, plus a high heel painter sketching the party.


I will now start a new day at CHA. It's Saturday, 6AM. I'm up since one hour, and will head CHA right after breakfast. I will probably give you an update after my help at the Canvas Corp Brands Make-and-Take from noon to 1PM...

See ya !



No comments:

Post a Comment