Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall is here !

I didn't see it coming, beside the cold temperatures, because the trees were still green. But suddenly, in two days, fall colors are blooming everywhere.
I didn't have papers matching these colors (still waiting for a house), but I found a U.K. magazine with a bonus inside : fall papers AND acrylic stamps ! It' simply cards & Papercraft. One of the cards in the magazine show a tree stamped directly on the card with a strip of green paper. I didn't like that much the card, but I used the sketch to create this one :


I cut the leaves from the stamped image and place them on the card to add some motion. The stamp was colored with Copic markers (E31, E37, Y11, Y17 for the tree ; E09, YR65, Y11, YG03, YG63 for the leaves). I distress the edges of the papers with brown distress ink by Tim holtz. The swirls around the leaves were created with a dark pink pencil. The title "Autumn" is cut with my Cricut Expression and the "Strech your imagination" cartridge. All the papers came from the magazine.

I hope you had a great week end. See you around...

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. What you did with the sketch is very creative. Where I live we have two long seasons, Summer and Winter. Fall and Spring are short lived around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! Pretty fall card! Love the trail of falling leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Fall card, love those leaves blowing in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun you found those neat products to put to use.

    ReplyDelete